A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. - Washington, D.C. 20201
Seasonal Flu Information for Businesses & Employees
To help businesses, employers, and their employees learn about these strategies for preventing flu, CDC provides the following Toolkit, flyers, posters, and other materials to post and distribute in the workplace.
Materials for Businesses to Promote Vaccination
Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers Promoting the 2011 – 2012 Seasonal Flu Vaccine
The purpose of “Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers” is to provide information and recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2011 – 2012 seasonal flu vaccine.
The Toolkit includes:
Business/Employers Influenza Toolkit Podcast
This podcast provides information about recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2010–2011 seasonal flu vaccine.
Recommended Strategies for Businesses and Employers [375 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Learn what two strategies are recommended to businesses and employers this flu season.
Promoting Seasonal Flu Vaccination: A Checklist for Businesses and Employers [454 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Use this checklist to get started.
Flu Vaccine Clinic Here! [377 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Host a flu vaccine clinic in the workplace and use this flyer. Complete with fillable text boxes so you can add the location, date, and time of your flu vaccine clinic.
You Need a Flu Vaccine [352 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Encourage employees to get vaccinated at locations in the community. Navigate to the Flu Vaccine Finder website to find locations offering flu vaccine then update the flyer and post.
Note to Self [363 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Share this flyer with employees to encourage flu vaccination. Consider posting this in the workplace, or copy and place in mailboxes or include in pay statements or newsletters.
Note to Employers [391 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Use this flyer with other workplace managers to kickoff discussions about flu vaccination planning.
CDC Says “Take 3 Actions” To Fight The Flu [312 KB, 2 pages, 10” x 7½”]
Use this brochure and poster to promote flu vaccination.
Links [438 KB, 3 pages, 7 ½” x 10”]
Helpful links for businesses and employers.
- CDC Seasonal Flu Website
- The 2011-2012 Flu Season
- What’s New on Seasonal Flu (check back regularly!)
- Seasonal Flu Video and Audio Tools (great to use in meetings!)
- National Influenza Vaccination Week
- Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine
- Questions and Answers: 2011-2012 Influenza Season
- Questions and Answers: Seasonal Flu Shot
- Preventing Seasonal Flu with Vaccination
- What You Should Know About Flu Antiviral Drugs [660 KB, 2 pages, 8 ½” x 11”]
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): Place of Influenza Vaccination Among Adults
- FluVaxView – Influenza Vaccination Coverage
- More Information from CDC and HHS on Seasonal and Pandemic Flu
- National Business Group on Health, Vaccinating Against the Flu: A Business Case [133 KB, 1 page, 8 ½” x 11”]
Free Web Tools [168 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”] . Promote flu vaccination using web technology.
Print Materials [839 KB, 3 pages, 7½” x 10”] . Take advantage of helpful materials for businesses to learn about seasonal flu, plus additional posters and brochures.
- Everyday Preventive Actions That Can Help Fight Germs, Like Flu [2.13 MB, 2 pages, 8 ½” x 11”]
- Who Needs a Flu Vaccine [8.76 MB, 1 page, 18” x 24”]
- CDC Says “Take 3 Actions” To Fight The Flu [412 KB, 1 page, 11.58” x 17.58”]
- Flu & You [6.4 MB, 1 page, 11” x 8 ½”]
- Cover Your Cough [329 KB, 1 page, 8 ½” x 11”]
- Inactivated Influenza Vaccine
- Live, Intranasal Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal Influenza Vaccine
- You need a flu vaccine: No Excuses [393 KB, 2 pages]
(Poster or Brochure)